EPIC - European-Pacific Partnership for ICT
Australia, Singapore and New Zealand are traditionally strong economic partners for Europe. The European-Pacific Partnership for ICT collaboration in research, development and innovation (“EPIC”) aims to strengthen the ties between these regions through academic, industrial, and political partnerships.
The program was initiated by the European Commission and promotes research and development in various and future-oriented areas. Following key points are a particular concern of EPIC:
- Events: Bringing together experts in selected innovative ICT topics to discuss current trends, challenges, future research directions and innovation potential.
- Global: Supporting the building of transnational collaboration in ICT at the level of researchers, innovators and at the policy level.
- Partner: Supporting experts from industry and academia from Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore in establishing long-term partnerships.
- Path: Supporting and exploiting technology and research policies to build and sustain long-term partnerships between all participating regions.
- Info: Europe has become a relevant infopoint for ICT policy. It is a “place to go” for issues in law and governmental affairs in the ICT policy arena.
For a short overview of the EPIC networking activities, watch this video where Fluidtime talks about the opportunities on R&D partnerships offerd by EPIC and a long timeline of research collaborations.
Please watch following video for more information: