EPIC NZ AI Event Series
February 25th, 26th, 27th & March 1st | Christchurch, Wellington, Queenstown, Auckland (New Zealand)
AI, data & consumer empowerment: Lessons from Europe's Digital Single Market and implications for New Zealand
If you’re using other people’s data or planning to – how can you be sure you’re adhering to data privacy rules and laws? These events address Europe’s new Digital Single Market and how it impacts New Zealand’s ICT innovation in cooperation with the EU. Data is a particularly important aspect and how to adhere to, and benefit from, new European rules will be the specific topic of this discussion series. Sessions will focus on lessons learned in realizing Europe's new Digital Single Market and its implications for businesses, in particular for innovation and future service delivery. The presentations will explain basic new principles in areas such as:
- Free flow of non-personal data
- Data protection
- Algorithmic decision making
The discussion will explore opportunities for research and innovation in ICT, possible collaboration with European organisations, and potential areas for improved policy cooperation between New Zealand and the European Union.
Discussants: coming soon
- Christchurch: Monday 25 February, 3:30-6:00 pm. Register here.
- Wellington: Tuesday 26 February, 12:30-2:30 pm. Register here.
- Queenstown: Wednesday 27 February, 4:00-5:30 pm. More Information here.
- Auckland: Friday 1 March, 9-11 am. Register here.
The detailed programme will soon be available.