Security and Privacy – the Role of Artificial Intelligence
09th April, 2019, 2 pm - 5:45 pm | A*STAR's Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore
Security – from cyber security to the Internet of things – and privacy have become major concerns for citizens, in industry, and also in policy. Artificial intelligence plays an important dual role in this domain: as a source of concern, but also as a source of potential solutions. This EPIC event – hosted by A*STAR I²R in cooperation with AI Singapore – presented an industrial research perspective on the challenges and solutions that lie ahead of us at the intersection of AI, privacy and security. Experts from research and industry, and professionals from new technology providers discussed the current state-of-play, joint challenges, and opportunities for cooperation.
View the detailed event programme, including speaker bios here.
Read the Cordis event press release here.
Speakers, discussants and presentations:
- Tan Chee Seng - Director, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R)
- Dr. Dan Bogdanov - Head of Privacy Technologies Department, Cybernetica. Watch a short video on Cybernetica's Privacy Enhancing Technologies here. View presentation: Security, Privacy and Artificial Intelligence - Your Choices Matter!
- Mateusz Chrobok - CEO, Founder and Board Member, Digital Fingerprints. View presentation: Ethical Data Processing, Continuous Authentication and Behavioural Biometrics.
- Tim Llewellynn - CEO & Co-Founder, nViso SA, Coordinator, Bonseyes Artificial Intelligence Marketplace. View presentation: Building Distributed and Decentralizsed AI Systems: Security and Privacy Challenges.
- Christopher Muffat - CEO & Founder, Dathena. View presentation: End-to-End Data Privacy and Security Powered by A.I.
- Mitchell Bradley - Head of Business, Mostly AI. View presentation: Synthetic Customers for Big Data Privacy.
- Prof. Yu Chien Siang - Adjunct Associate Professor, NUS, Chief Innovation & Risk Officer, Amaris.AI. View presentation: Bad, Good and Little Very Good News - AI is Just not Working Very Well.
- Martin Saerbeck - Principal Technology Consultant, TÜV SÜD Asia Pacific Digital Service. View presentation: Building the Foundation for Trustworthy AI.
- Mike Anderson - Chief Technical Officer, DEX & Founder, Ocean Protocol
- Jason Gleason - CEO & Founder, Eightwire. View presentation: Eightwire.