EPIC @ ICT Vienna 2018
04th - 06th December, 2018 | Vienna (Austria Center)
ICT Vienna 2018 was a research and innovation event focused on the European Union’s priorities in the digital transformation of society and industry, with particular emphasis on networking and promoting research and innovation in the field of information and communication technologies.
The event was organised by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Communication Networks, Content and Technologies in cooperation with the Austrian Presidency of the Council of the European Union. It was open and participatory, bringing together citizens with science community members, policymakers, and fellow ICT-enthusiasts to discuss the future in a digital Europe.
EPIC welcomed ICT Vienna 2018 conference visitors at the EPIC booth (Austria Center | Level 1 | International Cooperation Village). The aim of the booth was to bring together international experts from Singapore, Australia and New Zealand with European ICT experts in selected fields such as privacy, machine learning, digitization and other key technologies for Europe’s DSM and its international dimension.
An EPIC networking session also took place, the objectives of which were to discuss challenges and opportunities for EU-SG/AU/NZ collaboration; to present successful international cooperation examples such as IPAL in Singapore, Orbica in New Zealand, and RMIT’s EU campus in Barcelona; and to explore challenges, strategies and inputs for the international dimension of FP9 and collect components of a roadmap for future, intensified cooperation. The session featured presentations from high level experts representing all of the EPIC partner countries, including Dr Alexander Cooke (Australia), Dr Stefan Winkler (Singapore), Peter Rose (New Zealand) and Jean-Yves Roger from the European Commission.
In case you missed the EPIC session 'A new European digital space: Research challenges and international impact', you can read the full event transcript here.
- Deep discussions about current research collaborations in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Europe.
- Input and ideas on future collaboration in the ICT area.
- Support in applying for “The EPIC Expert Visit Grant” & consultation on global funding opportunities.
- Many exciting EPIC stand activities.
- The best coffee at the conference.
- Exclusive EPIC networking Session on the topic “A new European digital space: Research challenges and international impact”.
- 06 December 2018 | 11:30am-12:15pm
- @ ICT Vienna
- Level 1 | Room L5
- Networking Session programme
- Exclusive TALKS on Geospatial Intelligence with ORBICA UG, VRVis & EPIC
- 05 December 2018 | 14.00-15.00 pm
- VRVis Office | Donau-City-Straße 11, 1220 Vienna
- TALK programme
ICT 2018, organised by the European Commission's Directorate-General for Communication Networks, Content and Technologies in cooperation with the Austrian Presidency, focused specifically on networking and promoting research and innovation in the field of information and communication technologies. The event focused on the Horizon 2020 2018-20 work programme, including ICT calls in all three Horizon 2020 pillars